A website is a power tool that can change your life altogether. A website today has to be professional and must be appealing to its intended audiences. Here are a few steps that you must take in the sequential manner so that you have a better and well directed website.
1. Ideas: Ideas are the motivating factors that drive us to create the website. You must visualize the idea and scheme of the website so that you should know beforehand that to whom your site is intended to. There are many things and ideas that have been implemented by someone else in the world. Simply review their work and think of ways so that you can enhance or improve it further.
2. Designing And Layout of the Website: After you have decided the theme of your website and the intended audiences for whom the site for, then comes the designing and actually implementing them. There are a number of HTML editors that are available today that doesn’t require you to write a single line of code. You can avail the services of free website designer tools or the paid services of the professionals that will give your website a professional look and feel.
3. Domain and Hosting Plans: Usually you decide for the domain name in the beginning but if you have missed it then you can catch up later on. Your website is now ready and is waiting to be hosted on the internet. There are certain issues that you need to address to before choosing the suitable hosting provider that will host your website.
- Expected number of visitors that might be coming onto your site. If your site is a business site that caters to a variety of customers then you can opt for the VPS and for small blogs you can choose the normal hosting plans. You can also opt for the free hosting as well.
- Bandwidth is another issue that you need to resolve with your hosting provider
- Windows based hosting or Linux based hosting is another issue but I feel it is the matter of personal choice
- User Reviews and other testimonials
4. Promotion: This is the most important step in making the website. Your newly made website is now hosted and is ready to rock and roll but it needs promotion and SEO that will set it apart from the 5 crore + sites that are available on the web today. There are several ways of promoting a website on the internet, some of them are:
- Email Signatures can be used in your emails so that the recipient becomes aware about your blog or website.
- Banner Ads that will be promoting your site and ask people to link them with you
- Link Exchanges can be done in sites with similar interests where you can exchange posts along with links
- Submit your website to the free directories and the search engines.